One-day seminar to be Sept. 16 at Shawnee State UniversityPublished 12:00am Sunday, July 17, 2011
PORTSMOUTH — A one-day seminar “Do you have what it takes?” is scheduled at Shawnee State University giving participants tools to gain increased self-awareness, build goal-setting strategies and create a personalized plan of short- and long-term goals for a successful life.
Marcia Harris, executive director of Time Out for Me Inc. youth development programs and adjunct professor at SSU, is presenting the seminar from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 16 at Shawnee State.
Harris will give participants the tools to succeed in life – communication and goal-setting life strategies. Seminar outcomes and objectives are:
• To gain increased self-awareness of abilities, skills, and resources.
• To build goal setting strategies to keep spiritual, mental, and physical energy on a continual high which will lead to increased creativity, productivity and purpose of life.
• To acquire tools for a balanced life leading to success in education, family and community.
• To recognize the importance interdependence plays in life balance and each person’s success.
• To create a personalized plan containing specific short and long term goals leading to a successful life.
“Participants will leave refreshed and energized with a life strategy leading them to fulfillment and purpose in life,” Harris said. “These tools must be learned and they are obtainable through this seminar.”
Harris is described as a high-energy speaker with a passion to inspire others to live their purpose in life and to make a difference in people’s lives.
She has more than 10 years experience as an adjunct professor at SSU and more than 20 years in youth development programs. She is a member of the American Counseling Association, the Association for Group Work, National Association for Professional Women, National Speakers Association, and NSA Ohio Chapter where she has served on the Board of Directors.
The seminar cost is $99 and includes instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch. Early bird registration received before August 5 is only $79 and a group rate of three or more is $79. Student registration is $29.
For more information or to register, call (740) 351-3274 or on the Web at www.shawnee.edu and go to Departments, University Outreach, “Do you have what it takes?” for the brochure.