Mountwest announces scholarship recipientsPublished 9:49am Wednesday, January 11, 2012
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Mountwest has awarded 12 students with scholarships for the spring semester.
The following Mountwest Community & Technical College students received spring 2012 scholarships from Mountwest and the Mountwest Foundation:
• Advanced Technical Solutions Excellence in IT recipients are Rhonda Jackson of Huntington and Nikki Kopsolias of St. Albans.
• Culinary Arts recipient is Patrick Winters.
• Enterprise Holdings Foundation Scholarship for Veterans recipients are Clinton Effington of Huntington and John Settles of Pomeroy, Ohio.
• Family Urgent Care Scholarship recipient is Roy Pratt of Wayne.
• Nell Elizabeth Cook Rutherford Memorial recipient is Andrea Thornton of Barboursville.
• Validis General Scholarship recipients are Ka-Desh Jeter of Huntington; Amber Shelton of Huntington; Shara Swann of Huntington; Mulu Woldemariam of Huntington.
• William L. and Marie E. Redd Scholarship recipient is James Brydie of Huntington.
Mountwest received a record-breaking number of scholarship applications for the spring term, more than tripling the past two semesters combined. Additionally, local businesses and individuals made generous financial contributions that allowed Mountwest to establish two new scholarships.
For more information on Mountwest Community & Technical College scholarships, contact the Office of Student Services at (304) 696-3869 or visit www.mctc.edu/scholarships. To make a gift to the Mountwest Scholarship Fund, contact the Mountwest Foundation at (304) 696-3254 or email@example.com.