Man indicted for child pornographyPublished 9:47am Thursday, June 21, 2012
A Lawrence County Grand Jury brought new charges against a Chesapeake man who was arraigned earlier this month for rape of a minor.
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Smith said new evidence was presented to the grand jury this week which showed Brian Evans, 45, of 4004 State Route 7, Chesapeake, had photographed the same minor engaging in sexual activity. Evans is also accused of taking obscene photos of the minor.
Evans was indicted on one count each of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, pandering obscenity involving a minor and tampering with evidence.
He was previously arraigned and pleaded not guilty to three counts of first-degree rape of a juvenile acquaintance.
According to the prosecutor’s office, the juvenile was 16 and 17 years old during incidents that occurred from August through December 2010, January through March 2012, and April 1 through 22, 2012.
According to information from the office of Lawrence County Prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr., others indicted were:
• Shawntique Whitfield, 25, of 601 Newsome St., Ashland, Ky., vandalism.
• Johnnie R. Stapleton Jr., 23, of 1724 Campbell Drive, Ironton, one count each of felonious assault, domestic violence and criminal damaging.
• Bryan Keith Layne, 34, of 1474 Gallia Pike, Haverhill, possession of cocaine.
• Kerry T. Coleman, 26, of 317 Mulberry St., Ironton, assault on a peace officer.
• Gerald Ray Riley, 66, of 349 Apel Road, Franklin Furnace, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• David A. Woodyard II, 19, of 213 Township Road 1163, Proctorville, complicity to theft of a firearm.
• Ronnie F. France, 33, of 1618 County Road 144, South Point, theft of a firearm.
• Gary R. Stark, 70, of 200 County Road 59, Chesapeake, one count each of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of drugs.
• Scott D. Christian, 32, of 662 State Route 650, Ironton, breaking and entering.
• Gregory D. Martin, 40, of 1500 County Road 105, Kitts Hill, one count each of burglary and receiving stolen property.
• Robert L. Williams III, 54, of 2004 S. Sixth St., Ironton, one count each of tampering with evidence, possession of cocaine and failure to comply with order or signal of police officer.
• Stephanie R. Risner, 20, of 76 Private Drive 3, Apt. 6, Chesapeake, burglary.
• David M. Norris, 30, of 197 Stevens Ave., Columbus, failure to register.
• Brandon J. Walker, 30, of 304 Delores Ave., South Point, two counts of receiving stolen property.
• According to the Lawrence County Prosecutor’s Office, there was also one secret drug indictment.