News in brief —1/22/13Published 9:19am Tuesday, January 22, 2013
New classes at Huntington’s Kitchen
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Chef Holly invites you and your friends to join the 2013 Revolution Solution classes at Huntington’s Kitchen.
These classes begin on Jan. 29 and will continue on Tuesdays through March 19, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Students will work with Chef Holly to learn new recipes for healthy meals that can be prepared quickly. Everyone will have time to cook and enjoy lunch before returning to work or other afternoon commitments. Each class is $15 per student.
For information contact Chef Holly at (304) 522-0887 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hospice offers grief gounseling
ASHLAND, Ky. — Community Hospice will offer several community-based grief counseling sessions in January and February. All Community Hospice grief support groups are open to the public, not just those who have been served by hospice. Anyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one is encouraged to attend.
The sessions are as follows:
• Embracing Our Grief, Wednesdays, Jan. 23 through Feb. 27 at 2 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 201 N. Fifth Street, Ironton
• Men’s Support Group, Wednesdays, Jan. 30 through March 6 at 3:30 p.m. at Community Hospice, 1480 Carter Ave., Ashland, Ky.
• Spouse Support Group, Thursdays, Jan. 31 through March 7 at 11 a.m. at Carter County Public Library – Grayson Branch, 1446 N. State Highway 7, Grayson, Ky.
• Embracing Our Grief, Mondays, Feb. 4 through March 18 at 10 a.m. at Boyd County Senior Center, 3012 Louisa Street, Catlettsburg, Ky.
• Embracing Our Grief, Tuesdays, Feb. 26 through April 2 at 11 a.m. at Elliott Nursing & Rehab, Route 32 East, Howard Creek Road, Sandy Hook, Ky.
• Parents Support Group, bi-monthly on the first and third Tuesdays of each month, Tuesdays, Feb. 6 and 20 at 6 p.m. at Community Hospice Care Center, 2330 Pollard Road, Ashland, Ky.
Group topics vary from week to week, but generally offer participants the opportunity to talk about their loss, understand the grieving process and the cycles of grief, spend time with others who have experienced similar situations, and receive guidance in handling other personal matters.
For additional information or to reserve a space, contact Community Hospice Counseling Services at 606-329-1890 or 1-800-926-6184.