Indictments returned for theft, receiving stolen propertyPublished 10:05am Thursday, June 27, 2013
A Lawrence County Grand Jury returned indictments Tuesday, charging three Ironton men in connection with stolen storage containers.
Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson said an employee with Ironton business Storage on the Spot was allegedly involved in the theft of at least nine storage containers.
“The investigation has been ongoing for a while and the investigation will continue,” Anderson said.
Indicted in connection with the alleged thefts were David Markel, 50, of 2415 S. Eighth St., Ironton, nine counts of theft, a count of tampering with evidence and a count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity; Bruce Justice, 58, of 351 Private Road 1358, Ironton, two counts of receiving stolen property and a count of tampering with evidence; and Larry Justice, 52, of 221 Private Road 1385, Ironton, two counts of receiving stolen property.
Also indicted this week were three Ironton teens allegedly involved in the break-in and theft from Ironton bar and restaurant Frogtown.
• Jerry Ray Blevins, 18, of 629 S. Eighth St. Apt B, was indicted on counts of breaking and entering and tampering with evidence.
• Jodi Blevins, 19, and Christopher Dickerson, 18, both of 4302 State Route 141, were each indicted on a count of receiving stolen property.
Employees at Frogtown reported in May that the bar had been broken into and about $15,000 was stolen, of which $6,000 had been raised during a poker run Memorial Day weekend to go for the Wounded Warriors Project.
Other indictments returned, according to information from the Office of Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson, are:
• Travis Gentry, 23, of 417 Solida Road, South Point, breaking and entering;
• John McGlone, 30, of 1985 County Road 35, Chesapeake, burglary and misdemeanor theft;
• Brian Shaffer, 42, of 166 Township Road 1212, Proctorville, tampering with evidence and grand theft;
• Calvin Estep, 30, of 150 Township Road 615, South Point, theft, misdemeanor criminal damaging, misdemeanor complicity to theft and misdemeanor theft;
• Alton Day, 22, of 156 Township Road 1079, complicity to burglary;
• David Barry, 44, of 33 Township Road 1257, Proctorville, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs and possession of drugs (oxycodone);
• Aaron Cooper, 32, of 417 Solida Road, South Point, two counts of breaking and entering, three counts of misdemeanor theft and theft of a firearm;
• Jack Dust, 30, of 495 Township Road 113, Pedro, possession of drugs and misdemeanor assault;
• Gregory Cox Jr., 32, of 1539 County Road 21, Ironton, receiving stolen property, grand theft, tampering with evidence and misdemeanor resisting arrest;
• Joseph Trout, 23, of 1108 Fourth St., South Point, robbery.