Woman pleads in burglary casePublished 10:08am Friday, January 10, 2014
A Kentucky woman admitted to aiding another man in a string of burglaries in Lawrence County.
Tawanna Talbert, 39, of 900 Heaberlin Road, Wurtland, Ky., pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary and three second-degree counts of complicity to burglary Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.
Judge Charles Cooper set Talbert’s sentencing for March 5, following the trial of her co-defendant, John Clark.
Clark, 31, of 126 Teddy Lane, Greenup, Ky., is charged with five counts of second-degree burglary.
Clark was given a final plea offer Wednesday, which he refused.
The offer was four years in prison for each charge, to be served consecutively for a total of 20 years in prison with the possibility of release after 12 years.
Clark’s trial is set to start on Feb. 27.
Clark and Talbert were captured in July in Boyd County, Ky., after warrants were issued for their arrest.
The pair was alleged to have broken into several homes in Ironton and Lawrence County, stealing items such as televisions.
In other cases:
• Michael Cook, 38, of 157 Township Road 1425, South Point, pleaded guilty to a fifth-degree count of possession of drugs. Cooper set sentencing for Jan. 22.
• Diana Davis, 29, of 2803 S. Fourth St., Ironton, pleaded guilty to three fourth-degree counts of trafficking in drugs (Suboxone) and a fourth-degree count of complicity to trafficking in drugs. Cooper set sentencing for April 2.
• Candy Farris, 48, of 41 Township Road 1314, Crown City, was arraigned on a burglary, to which she pleaded not guilty.
Cooper set bond at $25,000 cash or surety and set a pretrial for Jan. 22.
• Adam Callicoat, 34, of 2803 S. Fourth St., Ironton, pleaded guilty to three counts of fourth-degree complicity to trafficking in drugs and a fourth-degree count of trafficking in drugs. Cooper set sentencing for April 2.
• Autumn Fraback, 33, of 409 1/2 Riverside Drive, Chesapeake, was sentenced to three years in prison for a burglary charge.
• Leigha Maynard, 20, of 2988 County Road 2, Chesapeake, was sentenced to four years in prison for a robbery charge.