Fire damages Second Street house

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Ironton firefighters were up at midnight, battling a blaze at a residence at 115 North Second Street. Fire Chief Tom Runyon said the fire appears to be accidental.

The blaze broke out at 12:37 a.m. at the residence of Brenda Adams. Runyon said Adams and another woman at the house at the time of the fire managed to get to safety.

"Two rooms were burned out and there was smoke damage to the rest of the house," Runyon said. He estimated the damage to be approximately $30,000. Firefighters were on the scene until 3:30 a.m.

Email newsletter signup

The house is owned by David Stoneroad of Ironton.