Grand jury indicts on drug charges, domestic violence
Four people arrested in a traffic stop in Hanging Rock earlier this month were among those indicted this week by the Lawrence County Grand Jury.
Angela Cooper, 29, of 624 Tenth St., Huntington W.Va.; Hollie Davis, 43, of 5866 Davis Creek Road, Barboursville, W.Va.; David Hansard, 29, of 2890 Clermont Road, Columbus; and Courtney Mitchell, 23, of 216 28th St., Huntington, were all indicted on one count each of first-degree trafficking in cocaine and possession of cocaine.
Cooper was indicted on two additional charges of fifth-degree possession of drugs
Mitchell was indicted on a charge of tampering with evidence and endangering children.
In early April, an officer with the Hanging Rock Police Department stopped the vehicle with the four suspects, who the officer said, began to act suspiciously.
A search of the car and suspects netted 44 grams of drugs and more than $2,000 in cash.
According to information from the office of Lawrence County Prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr., others indicted were:
• Robert Holley, 45, of 316 Clary Hollow Road, Ashland, Ky., four counts of trafficking in drugs.
• Joshua Tackett, 32, of 19000 W. Highway 60, Olive Hill, Ky., possession of drugs.
• Joshua Johnson, 29, of 315 N. Sixth St., Ironton, two counts of complicity to trafficking in drugs, two counts of trafficking in drugs, and single counts each of trafficking in marijuana, possession of criminal tools, misdemeanor possession of drugs, possession of marijuana and possession of drugs.
• B. Douglas Martin, Jr., 35, of 95 Private Drive 1552, South Point, possession of drugs.
• Crystal G. Lewis, 30, of 1405 S. Fourth St., Ironton, domestic violence, assault of a peace officer and resisting arrest.
• Michael Taylor, 34, of 19 Township Road 508, South Point, theft.
• John Debelle, 27, of 618 S. Eighth St., Ironton, burglary and violating a protection order or consent agreement.
• Bobby Taylor, 33, of 514 Buckhorn St., Ironton, having weapons while under a disability, possession of cocaine and domestic violence.
• Dallas Young, 53, of 114 Township Road 1376, Ironton, using weapons while intoxicated.
• William Bryant, 29, of 61 Pike St., Coal Grove, receiving stolen property.
• Antonio Butler, 20, of 20 Township Road 1018, South Point, receiving stolen property.
• There were also six secret indictments filed by the prosecutor’s office.