Grand jury indicts Ky. man for high-speed chase
A Kentucky man involved in a two-state high-speed chase last month was indicted this week by the Lawrence County Grand Jury.
Daniel Morgan, 19, of 1009 Market St., Worthington, Ky., is charged with three counts of felonious assault against Ironton Police Officers John Hammonds and Larry Large, as well as Raceland Police Officer Harper Howell.
Morgan led Raceland Police officers into Ohio after a DUI stop. He was apprehended at the 1500 block of Lawrence Street, but not before he allegedly tried to run over the three officers.
A mobile meth lab was allegedly found in the truck, leading to an illegal manufacture of drugs charge.
Morgan was also charged with failure to comply with the order or signal of police officer.
According to information from the office of Lawrence County Prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr., others indicted were:
• Levenna Fairchild, 31, of 4668 State Route 650, Ironton, on three counts of theft of drugs from CVS Pharmacy and one count of possession of drugs.
The indictment stated from May 2011 to Jan. 4, 2012, Fairchild allegedly stole a total of 4,382 pills, which included phentermine and hydrocodone.
Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson said Fairchild was working as a pharmacy technician at the time.
• Brian Evans, 45, of 4004 State Route 7, Chesapeake, on three counts of first-degree rape of a juvenile acquaintance. According to the indictment, the incidents occurred from August through December 2010, January through March 2012, and April 1 through 22, 2012.
According to the prosecutor’s office, the juvenile was 16 years old during incident and 17 years old during the last two.
• Nicholas Marcum, 30, of 763 State Route 141, tampering with evidence and possession of drugs.
• Barbara McCaffrey, 26, of 76 Township Road 1336, South Point, theft of drugs.
• Brea Sifford, 33, of 1299 Township Road 616, South Point, six counts of deception to obtain a dangerous drug.
• Amber Craft, 26, 2448 County Road 56, Ironton, attempted trafficking in drugs, tampering with evidence, two counts of possession of drugs and trafficking in drugs.
• Albert Moton, 45, of 601 S. Ninth St., Ironton, possession of cocaine.
• Roy Sprouse, 34, of 408 S. Ninth St., Ironton, burglary.
• Stephen Graham, 33, of 1843 County Road 69, Proctorville, grand theft.
• Travis Craft, 22, of 96 Private Drive 1751 County Road 26, South Point, aggravated burglary and felonious assault.
• Gregory Riggs, 22, of 7685 State Route 243, South Point, tampering with evidence, assault.
• Jeff Collinsworth, 45, of 928 Pinson Ridge, South Shore, Ky., obstructing justice, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
• George James Handley, 43, of 22 Township Road 1237, Proctorville, notice of residence address change.
• James McClaskey, 41, of 3286 State Route 373, Pedro, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Timothy Sanders, 58, of 6705 County Road 19, Kitts Hill, retaliation, using weapons while intoxicated and disrupting public services.
• Robert Armstrong, 39, of 644 Township Road 212 N., Willow Wood, failure to provide change of address.
• Donald Workman, 29, of 106 Township Road 616, South Point, tampering with evidence.