Rape, drug offenses dominate grand jury
Three indicted on sex crimes
Two men accused of raping young girls in separate incidents and eight people arrested in a methamphetamine laboratory bust in Hanging Rock were among 32 indictments returned this week by the Lawrence County Grand Jury.
William S. Morrison, 37, of 140 Private Drive, South Point, was charged with one count of first-degree felony rape. The alleged victim was a 13-year-old girl. This incident allegedly occurred Aug. 25 at Morrison’s residence.
Jeremy Curry, 22, was also indicted on one count of first-degree felony rape. His alleged victim was a two-year-old girl. The alleged incident took place at a residence in South Point.
Curry gave an address of 211 Township Road 263 in South Point when he was booked into jail. The indictment lists his address as 1324 S. First St. in Ironton.
Timothy R. Parsons, 43, of 1142 Raccoon Creek, Branchland, W.Va. was indicted on a single count of fourth-degree felony gross sexual imposition. The indictment states the incident happened on or about Sept. 1 and that the alleged sexual contact was with a juvenile.
The driver in a fatal June car crash was indicted on one count of aggravated vehicular homicide, a first-degree felony.
Nathan Bloomfield, 27, of 12246 State Route 93, Pedro, was traveling northbound on State Route 93 when he allegedly lost control of his car and it went off the right side of the pavement and struck a tree. A passenger in Bloomfield’s car John R. Markel, 62, of Pedro, was killed.
The man arrested for the armed robbery of a gasoline station in Chesapeake was also indicted.
Joshua Adam Burrett, 24, of 1010 Libby Lane, Barboursville, W.Va., faces one count of first-degree armed robbery in connection with the holdup of Dave’s Exxon in late August.
Eight people arrested in Hanging Rock last month for allegedly operating a methamphetamine lab were all indicted on drug charges.
Earl W. Horsley II, 33, of 36 Mound Road, Greenup, Ky., was indicted on charges of illegal manufacture of drugs, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, tampering with evidence, and possessing criminal tools.
Michael Chatfield, 30, of 150 Daniel Drive Hanging Rock, was indicted on charges of illegal manufacture of drugs, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs and possessing criminal tools.
The rest of the eight, Katie Horsley, 31, of 148 Township Road 283N, Ironton; James Hay, 19, of 52 Apache Way, Argillite, Ky.; Amber Hay, 20, also of 52 Apache Way, Argillite; David Ritchie, 19, of 506 Chinn’s Branch Road, Wurtland, Ky.; Milissa York, 27, of 3692 State Route 503, Wurtland, Ky., and Aaron Dillow, 34, of 7304 Township Road 80, Bellville, were each indicted on charges of complicity to the illegal manufacture of drugs and possession of criminal tools.
Drug charges accounted for at least 11 indictments (six indictments were secret).
According to the office of Lawrence County Prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr., others indicted were:
• Amy J. Ferguson, 35, 9 Leslie Lane, Ona, W.Va., theft of drugs (lortab and percocet)
• Jessie I. Pinkerman, 34, 49, County Road 7F, Ironton, possession of cocaine, possession of drugs (oxycodone), and possession of drug paraphernalia
• Ashley Workman, 23, of 276 County Road 124, Chesapeake, possession of drugs (meth)
• Sherri L. Nelson, 56, 80 County Road 408, Proctorville, theft of drugs (xanax)
• Ashley M. VanKeuren, 29, 640 Sixth Ave., Huntington, W.Va., possession of drugs (adipex), possession of drugs (vyvanse, a drugs used to treat people with attention deficit disorder) and possession of marijuana
• Jason Scott Tackett, 31, 187 Township Road 616, South Point, driving while intoxicated
• Lisa A. Jenkins, 48, 9514 County Road 107, Proctorville, three counts of receiving stolen property and one count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity
• Jeremy Creech, 31, 102 North Hill St., Grayson, Ky., burglary, along with his codefendant,
• David A. Thayer, 40, HC 76 Box 842 Quincy, Ky., burglary
• William James Jr., 43, 707 N. Fourth St., Ironton, two counts of felony domestic violence and one misdemeanor count of resisting arrest
• Donald J. Workman, 29, 106 Township Road 616, South Point, failure to appear.
• Jeffrey A. Jones, 155 Township Road 1280 Proctorville, nine counts of receiving stolen property and one count of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity
• Jessica L. Scott, 19, 200 Township Road 346, South Point, theft
• Sean T. Bray, 1634 Davis Road, Crown City, failure to stop after an accident of collision.
The grand jury met Monday and Tuesday.