• 66°

Man gets prison time for home burglary

A second man accused of breaking into a home in Chesapeake admitted to the crime Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.

Scott Edie II, 23, of 818 Lance Drive, Charleston, W.Va., pleaded guilty to a first-degree count of aggravated burglary.

Judge Charles Cooper sentenced the man to eight years in prison and ordered him to pay $4,000 in restitution, jointly with co-defendant Joseph Workman II.

Workman, 38, of 3873 Goose Creek Road, Barbourville, W.Va., pleaded guilty to the same charge May 1 and was also sentenced to eight years in prison.

Both men were arrested Feb. 28 in West Virginia after breaking into a home in the 12000 block of State Route 243 while a resident of the home was sleeping. That resident took photos of the robbers and their vehicle, escaped the home unnoticed and called 911.

According to the sheriff’s office, the men took guns, jewelry, electronics and musical equipment from the home.

The homeowner later identified the vehicle in the photo as belonging to someone who had done remodeling work on her home.

In other cases:

Two men who broke into Wendy’s and Sparetime were sentenced to 17 months in prison.

Brett Goody, 33, of 110 1/2 Main St., Coal Grove, and Scott Christian, 33, of 662 State Route 650, Ironton, had each previously pleaded guilty to fourth-degree grand theft, two counts of fifth-degree breaking and entering, fourth-degree safe cracking, and fifth-degree possession of criminal tools.

In exchange for their guilty pleas, another count of fourth-degree grand theft was dropped for each man.

Cooper also ordered the men to pay restitution, jointly, to Wendy’s in the amount of $1,116.64.

Eric Moore, 32, of 874, Township Road 161, South Point, pleaded guilty to counts of third-degree failure to comply with order or signal of police officer and misdemeanor resisting arrest. Cooper sentenced the man to three years in prison and 90 days in jail, to run concurrently.

Sara Woomer, 27, of Rural Route 1, Box 138, Mason, W.Va., was arraigned on a count of receiving stolen property, to which she pleaded not guilty. Cooper continued bond from a lower court and set a pretrial for May 22.