• 68°

No one injured in house fire

The Ironton Fire Department had a busy Friday morning.

In addition to two car accidents, members of the IFD responded a house fire.

The fire occurred just before noon at 612 Vine St. and was called in by Sue Rodriguez who lives nearby.

“I was on my way home to pick up some things when I noticed the smoke coming from the house,” Rodriguez said. “I know the man who lives there has some health issues and I was afraid he may still be inside. Thankfully, I discovered he was at the hospital and not home.”

The official report from the IFD states that the fire originated in the living room and it is believed the blaze was accidental.

“We believe it was an accident,” said Chief Tom Runyon. “It’s our belief that the fire started in a trash receptacle in the living room by accident.”