Parts of Lawrence County without power

Published 12:43 pm Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Tuesday night storm that swept through the area and left several trees fallen across roadways also appears to be wreaking havoc on Lawrence County power supplies.

Jeff Rennie a spokesperson with American Electric Power in Ohio says that nearly 600 Lawrence County residents are without power.

“We have 14 outages in the area,” Rennie said. “ There are 585 customers currently without power but we’re working to fix the issue.”

Email newsletter signup

Rennie says AEP is hopeful that those affected by the outages will see their power returned tonight.

“We are confident that 90 percent of those without power will have it by 6 p.m.,” Rennie said. “The other 10 percent should see their power back by 10 p.m.”