Second in firearms theft, robbery sentenced
Published 12:10 pm Thursday, November 20, 2014
The second man charged with stealing police weapons and using them to rob a person pleaded guilty Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.
David Allen Harris, 21, of 506 Marion Pike Lot 4, Coal Grove, pleaded guilty to first-degree aggravated robbery, third-degree having weapons under a disability, third-degree theft of a firearm and misdemeanor theft.
Judge Charles Cooper sentenced Harris to 10 years in prison.
Email newsletter signup
That was the same sentence handed down to the man’s brother, Joseph Waddle, who pleaded guilty to the same charges on Oct. 29.
The men were arrested in late August after more than a dozen Coal Grove residents’ vehicles were broken into, one of which was an Ironton police cruiser.
Waddle, and allegedly Harris, took two firearms from the cruiser’s lock box and used those to hold another man up at gunpoint, taking about $19 in cash.
In other cases:
• Jeremy Boll, 34, of 369 Township Road 332, Ironton, was sentenced to three years in prison for a third-degree count of endangering children, to which he previously pleaded guilty.
• Paula Crissinger, 49, of 19 Township Road 506, Kitts Hill, pleaded guilty to a third-degree count of tampering with evidence. Cooper set sentencing for Dec. 10.
• Charles Lester, 37, of Route 3 Box 46E, Hurricane, West Virginia, was sentenced to three years in prison for a count of second-degree burglary, to which he previously pleaded guilty.
• Brody Green, 26, of 66 Township Road 1419 Apt. 3, Proctorville, was arraigned on a count of fifth-degree theft from an elderly person, to which he pleaded not guilty.
Cooper set bond at $2,000 cash or surety and $10,000 own-recognizance. A pretrial was set for Dec. 10.
• Danielle Hamm, 35, of 317 Township Road 276 N., South Point, was sentenced to four years community control sanctions under intensive supervised probation for a count of fifth-degree theft, to which she previously pleaded guilty. Cooper also sentenced the woman to successfully complete STAR and pay a total of $485 in restitution to three separate victims.
A co-defendant in the case, Edward Hudnall, 40, of 161Williams St., East Bank, West Virginia, was also sentenced for the same charge. Cooper imposed an identical sentence.
• Christopher Blevins, 31, of 8880 County Road 14, Waterloo, was arraigned on a bill of information of two fifth-degree counts of vandalism, to which he pleaded guilty.
Cooper sentenced the man to seven months in prison and $337 in restitution.
• Donny Cremeans, 36, of 433 Private Drive 856 Township Road 251, South Point, was arraigned on a third-degree count of domestic violence, to which he pleaded not guilty.
Cooper set bond at $25,000 cash or surety and set a pretrial for Dec. 10.