• 50°

Fire scare at Ironton clinic

The Ironton Fire Department responded to a call about smoke upstairs at Ironton Urgent Care Monday afternoon at 2:16 p.m.

“The furnace motor seized up and filled the upstairs with smoke,” Mike Hasenauer, Ironton Fire Captain, said. “We turned the power off to the furnace and evacuated the building.”

The malfunctioning unit was the only one that was upstairs.

No one was injured and people were let back into the building shortly after the incident was cleared.