More funding for airpark projects may be possible
Published 10:23 am Friday, July 31, 2015
Increased funding from the Ohio Department of Transportation, Office of Aviation is cutting the local cost to possible improvement projects that could be eligible for the Lawrence County Airpark.
Potential projects could focus on obstruction removal; pavement resurfacing; runway and taxiway marking; lighting rehabilitation such as runway and taxiway lighting; approach lighting systems and airport beacons.
With the extra money Federal Aviation Administration funded-projects will be 90 percent from the FAA; 5 percent from the state and 5 percent as the local match. Previously the local match was 10 percent.
At their Thursday regular meeting the Lawrence County Commissioners referred information about the program to the airport advisory board.
In other action the commissioners:
• Re-appointed Bill Allen to the Lawrence County Planning Commission;
• Approved the voluntary demotion of Teri Sanbord from income maintenance aide to clerk;
• Referred to the county engineer to re-establish Private Road 2548 to Township Road in Fayette Township;
• Met in an approximately one-hour executive session with Terry Porter, director of the department of job and family services;
• Tabled a request to make an appointment to the ADAMHS board.