5 ordinances read at council
Five ordinances were given readings at Ironton City Council’s Thanksgiving week meeting on Monday.
First readings were given of:
• Ordinance 15-39, rescheduling the regular scheduled Ironton City Council meeting and declaring an emergency, moving the council meeting from Thursday, Dec. 24 to Monday, Dec. 21 for the Christmas Eve holiday.
• Ordinance 15-40, an ordinance to amend chapter 890 of the codified ordinances of the city of Ironton regarding municipal income tax and declaring an emergency.
• Ordinance 14-41, amending the annual operating budget for the city of Ironton for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31, 2015, and declaring an emergency.
Second readings were given of:
• Ordinance 15-36, authorizing the mayor to purchase new dumpsters for the city of Ironton.
• Ordinance 15-38, authorizing and directing the mayor to execute an agreement with Allard Excavation, LLC for construction of the riverfront project and declare it an emergency, although the project has since been rebid.
The previous Ironton City Council meeting that was supposed to happen Thursday, Nov. 12 was cancelled when councilman Dave Frazer voted against waiving a rule that requires the council agenda to be available to council members 24 hours in advance. The agendas were not available 24 hours early due to the mayor’s office being closed on Veteran’s Day.
Frazer and councilwoman Beth Rist were not at the meeting on Monday.