7 arrested on drug trafficking charges
Lawrence Drug and Major Crimes Task Force Officers arrested seven individuals who were under secret indictment. A Lawrence County grand jury heard the cases in February and returned eight secret indictments for trafficking in drugs.
Task force officers continue to search for one of the individuals.
During the investigations controlled purchase of heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and suboxone were conducted. The arrestees are:
• Keith L. Lanning, 43, of 1314 S. Eighth St., Ironton;
• Marci Peters, 38, of 1314 S. Eighth St., Ironton;
• Bill J. Smith, 58, of 1808 ½ S. Eighth St., Ironton;
• Aspen R. Barlo, 21, of 320 N. 4th St., Ironton;
• Tony L. Puckett II, 22, of 712 ½ Vernon St., Ironton;
• Carl D. Holston, 49, of 408 Marion Pike, Coal Grove; and
• Joseph R. Thompson, 39, of 1046 N. Fifth St., Ironton.
Day three of a murder trial in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court brought Dr. Kenneth Gerston, forensic pathologist at the... read more