South Point man indicted for rape, kidnapping
Other indictments returned by grand jury
A South Point man is facing a seven-count indictment, including charges of rape, burglary, kidnapping and more, after a Lawrence County grand jury recently returned indictments to the prosecutor’s office.
Frank J. Thacker, 54, of 203 Township Road 1034, South Point, is charged with three counts of first-degree rape, one count of second-degree burglary, two counts of second-degree kidnapping and one count of third-degree abduction. All seven counts have specifications attached to them as well, alleging that Thacker had a firearm on or about his person or under his control while committing the offenses and displayed the firearm, brandished the firearm, indicated he possessed the firearm, or used it to facilitate the offenses.
According to the indictment, all of the charges took place on or about Feb. 10, 2018, in Lawrence County, and all but the burglary charge specify that the crimes were committed against one victim.
In other cases:
• Shawn M. Stormes, 24, of 2418 Lewis Lane, Ashland, Kentucky; fifth-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine).
• John R. Carey, 55, of 115 Etna St., Ironton; fifth-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine).
• Patrick S. Jones, 22, of 224 Township Road 1031, South Point; fifth-degree trafficking in marijuana, and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Casey L. Adkins, 29, of 6 Township Road 1294, Proctorville; fifth-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine), and fifth-degree possession of heroin.
• Jonathan C. Hopkins, 22, of 1012 Ninth Ave., Huntington, West Virginia; fifth-degree possession of drugs (Psilocybin AKA Mushrooms).
• Dara Rowe, 39, of 13 Township Road 372, Ironton; fifth-degree possession of cocaine, and resisting arrest, a second-degree misdemeanor.
• Thomas K. Jones, 21, of 3339 Spangler Drive, Lexington, Kentucky; fourth-degree trafficking in marijuana.
• Derik R. Blankenship, 28, of 50 County Road 5, Kitts Hill; first-degree aggravated trafficking in drugs (methamphetamine), third-degree aggravated trafficking in drugs (Fentanyl), fifth-degree possession of drugs (Fentanyl), and second-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine).
• Shasta S. Jenkins, 33, of 5207 County Road 19, Kitts Hill; fifth-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine).
• Robert L. Watkins, 57, of 4647 County Road 52, Ironton; fifth-degree possession of drugs (Oxycodone).
• James M. Roe, 51, of 472 Township Road 275, Proctorville; fourth-degree possession of heroin.
• Ellen Witten, 59, of 3116 Fifth St., Ironton; fifth-degree possession of heroin.
• Alfred J. Runyon, 51, of 4053 Hart St., Ashland, Kentucky; fifth-degree possession of heroin.
• Michael Parks, 41, of 70 Private Drive 302, South Point; fifth-degree possession of drugs (methamphetamine).
• Stephanie Williams, 36, of 1609 Walnut St., Flatwoods, Kentucky; fourth-degree theft of drugs (Lorazepam).
• Ronald E. Pemberton Jr., 35, of 312 Township Road 137W, Ironton; third-degree attempt to commit burglary.
• Christopher Ratliff, 27, of 1648 State Route 503, Wurtland, Kentucky; fourth-degree failure to appear.
• George Followay, 32, of 1302 Walnut St., Kenova, West Virginia; fourth-degree failure to appear.
• Megan N. Lawhon AKA Megan N. McCoy, 25 of 1873 County Road 1, South Point; fourth-degree failure to appear.
• John J. Williams, 32, of 1191 Kensington St., Detroit, Michigan; two counts of fourth-degree failure to appear.
• Keith A. Dixon, 31, of 2990 Township Road 323, Ironton; fourth-degree assault on a peace officer, and fifth-degree theft.
• William C. Webb II, 32, of 101 S. Ninth St., Ironton; fifth-degree vandalism.
• Destiny Cade, 26, of 631 Ashtabula St., Ironton; fourth-degree theft of a motor vehicle.
• Joseph A. Workman II, 43, of 109 ½ Patterson Road, Barboursville, West Virginia; second-degree escape.
• Tonya Hardy, 29, of 10995 County Road 1, Chesapeake; fourth-degree domestic violence, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Savanah L. Owens, 21, of 402 Second St., Ironton; fourth-degree grand theft.
• Shawn A. Collins, 29, of 710 County Road 10A, Pedro; second-degree burglary.
An indictment is a formal allegation that an individual has committed a crime. All are innocent until proven guilty in court.