5 hired for EMS positions
UPPER TOWNSHIP — Five people were hired for part-time positions with Lawrence County EMS on Tuesday, as the county commission approved the hirings at its meeting Tuesday evening at the Upper Township Fire Station.
Robert Carpenter and Philip Duncan were both hired as part-time paramedics, while Eric Collinsworth, Wade Napier and Michael Campbell were hired as part-time EMTs.
In addition, the promotion of Matthew Conley from full-time paramedic to full-time paramedic station supervisor was also approved.
The commission met at the Upper Township Fire Station this week as part of its continuing effort to meet at different locations throughout the county, something
Commission President Bill Pratt said is important to do in order to give residents a chance to attend who otherwise may not be able to.
In other action, the commission:
• Amended one floodplain permit and approved three new.
• Received and filed the 2017 Annual Report for the Lawrence County Engineer.
• Approved two appropriations.
• Approved eight transfer funds.
• Approved and signed the Bid Recommendation and Construction Agreement to Shelly Company in the amount of $1,024,935.34 for County Road 5 and County Road 29 resurfacing.
• Approved and signed the Bid Recommendation and Construction Agreement to Griffin Pavement Striping in the amount of $41,555 various pavement markings on County Road 4.
The next county commission meeting will be at 11 a.m. in the commission chambers on the third floor of the courthouse. The following two meetings will be in the county, with a meeting Thursday, April 19 at Lake Vesuvius for the Wheelin’ Sportsmen event and at 11 a.m. Tuesday, April 24 at Union-Rome Sewer.