Family Fun Day set for county fair
Numerous activities, shows, to begin on July 7
ROME TOWNSHIP— New to this year’s edition of the Lawrence County Fair is a Family Fun Day, which will be Tuesday, July 10.
As part of Family Fun Day, admission for children, 12 and under, will be only $5, including specials for day cares, and there will be clowns, face painting, balloon animals, a petting zoo, the El Hasa Shriners with their “hillbilly” vehicles, as well as the Cincinnati Circus performing three shows at noon, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the grandstand.
Lawrence County Fair Board President Randy Lambert also said that the 8 p.m. circus show would have fire incorporated into it.
Fair rides will also be open from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. for children 12 and under, and will open again at their normal time of 4 p.m. for everyone.
Rides will open at 4 p.m. daily, and apart from the standard 4-H competitions, numerous other special events are set for all days of the fair:
• Saturday, July 7: Power Wheel Derby at 5 p.m., Lawn Mower Derby at 5:30 p.m. and Demolition Derby at 6 p.m., all in the grandstand. New this year’s demolition derby is a team class, with teams of three.
• Sunday, July 8: Kiddie Pedal Pull Registration at 3 p.m. and Kiddie Pedal Pulls at 4 p.m., both in the 4-H shelter, and Truck and Tractor Pulls with Semis at 6 p.m. in the grandstand.
• Monday, July 9: KOI Racing with Semis at 7 p.m. in the grandstand. There will also be an open class for local ATVs and trucks.
• Wednesday, July 11: Tough Truck Competition at 7 p.m. in the grandstand. There will also be an open class for local trucks.
• Thursday, July 12: Monster Truck Pre-Show Meet and Greet at 5:30 p.m. in the grandstand, and Monster Truck Show at 7 p.m. in the grandstand.
• Friday, July 13: Singing featuring Cledus T. Judd from WTCR at 5 p.m. on the stage set up behind the grandstand, and a Rodeo at 7 p.m. in the grandstand.
• Saturday, July 14: Singing featuring Naaman Dyer, Oyster Mountain Cult and Jamie Baxter at 5 p.m. on the stage set up behind the grandstand, and a Power Wheel Derby at 4 p.m., Lawn Mower Derby at 4:30 p.m. and Riverside Riots Derby Blowout at 5 p.m., all in the grandstand.
Pricing for the fair is as follows:
• General daily admission (includes grandstand and rides): $10.
• Season tickets (whole week, includes grandstand): $40.
• Daily ride-only ticket (for those with season tickets): $5.
• Agricultural Society membership ticket (whole week, includes grandstand, and membership to county agricultural society): $45
• Daily parking pass: $5 per car.
• Weekly parking pass: $20 per car.