Stay safe during Halloween
Halloween is next Wednesday and trick-or-treat will be taking place across Lawrence County.
In addition, many venues will be offering events this weekend.
Here are some tips from the National Safety Council to keep children safe during the holiday:
• All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant.
• Avoid masks, which can obstruct vision.
• If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks.
• Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation.
• A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds.
• If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you.
• Agree on a specific time children should return home.
• Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car.
• Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends.
• Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
• Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street