Commission congratulates local election winners
The Lawrence County Commission recognized all of the local winners of the election on Tuesday at its meeting Thursday morning.
Commissioners Bill Pratt and DeAnna Holliday congratulated fellow commissioner Freddie Hayes Jr. on his re-election against Robert McCollister, and all of the commissioners congratulated auditor Jason Stephens on his victory over Jason Tolliver.
Political newcomers Christen Finley and Jason Smith were also recognized and congratulated on their wins over Donald Capper and Marie Hoover in the races for Lawrence County Common Pleas judge and Fourth District Court of Appeals judge respectively.
Holliday also said that she was proud the voter turnout in the county was higher than expected for a midterm election, with just over 45 percent of registered voters casting ballots.
In other action, the commission:
• Approved two new floodplain permits and one floodplain permit renewal.
• Received and filed the Dog Warden Reports dated Sept. 22 and Sept. 29, 2018.
• Received and filed the October 2018 EMS monthly report.
• Received and filed the October 2018 Department of Job and Family Services monthly report.
• Terminated Joshua Caudill and Brian Webb for not attending mandatory training and not fulfilling minimal hours worked, as requested by Mac Yates, EMS Operations Administrator.
• Approved and signed the Division of Liquor Control Permit for Clark’s Fastlane in Mason Township. The Mason Township trustees have already signed off on the paperwork.
• Approved 16 transfer funds.
• Met in executive session with Terry Porter, DJFS director, and Chris Kline regarding collective bargaining.
• Met in executive session with Lori Morris, Mac Yates and Chris Kline regarding personnel; hire, fire, reprimand.
• Met in executive session with Bill Click, dog warden, and Chris Kline regarding personnel; hire, fire, reprimand.