Items passed at county commission
Several items were passed at the meeting of Lawrence County Commission on Tuesday.
• Proclaimed Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, as Randy Thompson Day in Lawrence County.
• Approved the status change for Robert Carpenter from full-time paramedic to part-time paramedic, effective Nov. 12, 2018, as requested by Mac Yates, Lawrence County EMS operations administrator.
• Approved to extend benefits not consistent with the benefits extended to Management and Administration employees to those employees of the Lawrence County Department of Job and Family Services currently covered by the commissioners’ contract (director and assistant director).
• Approved three appropriations.
• Approved three transfer funds.
• Approved and Commission president signed the Memorandum of Understanding between the Lawrence County Commissioners and the Lawrence County Health Department for the TB Services to be provided by the Lawrence County Health Department. The commissioners agree to pay $22,500 into the yearly budget for the health department for these services for calendar year 2018.
DEERING — As many schools have been doing this week, students at Dawson-Bryant Elementary took the time on Monday to... read more