Program makes return
Lawrence County got some good news this week with the announcement of the resumption of the recycling program through the Lawrence-Scioto Solid Waste Management District.
This follows a several month layoff due to contract issues.
For the most part, the program will be the same, except sites at Walmart/Sam’s Club in Burlington and Chesapeake Elementary School, Ironton Middle School and Ohio University Southern in Hanging Rock were cut.
The updated list of recycling sites includes:
• Foodfair, Proctorville.
• Paul Porter Park, Coal Grove.
• Lawrence County Fairgrounds, Rome Township..
• Kroger, Proctorville.
• Ohio University Southern, Ironton.
• Ironton City Center.
• Wayne National Forest, 6518 State Route 93, Pedro.
• Rome Township Trustees Building.
• Lawrence County Educational Service Center, Ironton.
• Foodfair, South Point.
• Lawrence County Municipal Court, Chesapeake.
• Burlington-Fayette Volunteer Fire Department, Burlington.
We encourage everyone to do their part and take advantage of the restart of this program.
I am writing to thank Lawrence County residents for sharing the true meaning of Christmas with children in need this... read more