Prejudging held for 4-H projects
ROME TOWNSHIP — The Lawrence County 4-H clothing and textiles and food and nutrition projects were judged pre-fair on Tuesday.
The Ohio 4-H Food and Nutrition program helps develop knowledge, skills and understanding of nutrition, menu planning, safe food handling, kitchen equipment safety, consumer knowledge, fitness, meal and time management and food and nutrition related careers.
All Ohio 4-H food and nutrition projects use MyPlate, which incorporates current USDA recommendations about eating and exercise.
The clothing and textiles program helps develop knowledge, skills and understanding about clothing appearance, buymanship and construction.
All who made clothing projects will have the opportunity to showcase their work during the style show during the 4-H Showcase event at 4 p.m. on July 12 at the Lawrence County Fair 4-H Shelter. At the 4-H Showcase, overall nutrition and clothing project winners and Skillathon winners will be announced.
At 3 p.m., a silent auction will begin for many of these projects and others that will be judged during the county fair.
The community can bid on the 4-H projects. Proceeds will go to the 4-H member.
First place clothing and textiles project winners:
• Shopping Savvy – Olivia Holbrook, Backroad Haybalers 4-H Club.
• Creative Costumes – Kami Savino, Farm Hands 4-H Club.
• Look Great for Less – Sandy Bowman, Dog Fork Haymakers 4-H Club.
• Sew Fun – Pozee Holland, Scottown Farmers and Farmerettes 4-H Club.
• Sundresses and Jumpers – Kirsten Dome, Farm Hands 4-H Club.
• You Can Quilt – Kylie Roach, Dog Fork Haymakers 4-H Club.
• Quilting the Best Better – Hayden Bowman, Lucky Renegades 4-H Club.
• Designed By Me – Alivia Holland, Scottown Farmer and Farmerettes 4-H Club.
First place food and nutrition projects:
• Cake Decorating – Kylee Thompson, Lawrence County 4-H Teen Leaders.
• Racing the Clock to Awesome Meals – Haley Worley, Clodhoppers 4-H Club.
• Snack Attack – Kaitlyn Johnson, Backroad Haybalers 4-H Club.
• Everyday Food and Fitness – Emmilee Evanich, 5-Mile Frontiersman 4-H Club.
• Let’s Start Cooking – Benjamin Skaggs, Clodhoppers 4-H Club.
• Sports Nutrition – Billy Singer, Rome Guys and Gals 4-H Club.
• Take A Break For Breakfast – Brooke Worley, Clodhoppers 4-H Club.
• Party Planner – Megan Foltz, Lawrence County Copperheads 4-H Club.
• Let’s Bake Quick Breads – Emma Worley, Clodhoppers 4-H Club.
ASHLAND — Summer arts camps kicked off Monday at the Paramount Art Center and two groups of young children took... read more