Announcements – 4/3/2020
— The deadline for the Winter Crisis program is May 1. The Ironton and Lawrence County Area CAO began the program on Nov. 1, 2019. The agency can assist with a main heating source cost through a one-time payment to a utility company, wood, coal, or some type of bottled gas. In order to process your application quickly and efficiently, please be prepared to provide all needed documents. Keep in mind that other requirements may be asked for. This cuts down on the time spent in the interview process and return visits. The necessary documents are as follows:
• A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days or 12 months for each member
• Proof of citizenship for all household members, example: birth certificate, voter registration card, passport, etc.
• Birthdates and Social Security cards for each household member
• Heating bill/bulk fuel account number
• Electric bill with account number
• If you are a disabled client, please provide documentation of disability.
For information, call 740-237-3262 or visit the website at https://app.capappointments.com/
– Effective immediately, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Elkins Waste Services is changing how they pick up residential trash for the safety of their workers. All trash must be bagged and placed in an Elkins Waste Services cart or a suitable can that can be lifted by their employees. They will not collect any items setting outside of the can or on the ground. They are suspending curbside bulky item collections and all “spring cleanups” at this time. Curbside recycling in Russell and Flatwoods will continue.
— The leadership of Healing Our Nation Prayer Rally has canceled the Healing Our Nation Community Bible Giveaway 2020, scheduled for the Memorial Day parade, due to the coronavirus pandemic.