Announcements – 4/9/2020
– Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Elkins Waste Services has changed how they pick up residential trash for the safety of workers. All trash must be bagged and placed in an Elkins Waste Services cart or a suitable can that can be lifted by their employees. They will not collect any items setting outside of the can or on the ground. They are suspending curbside bulky item collections and all “spring cleanups” at this time.
— The leadership of Healing Our Nation Prayer Rally has canceled the Healing Our Nation Community Bible Giveaway 2020, scheduled for the Memorial Day parade, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
— The Lawrence County Museum is indefinitely delaying opening until the ban on large groups is lifted by the state. The spring tea is also canceled.
— The Ironton Lions Club will be holding a spring or summer yard sale, date to be determined, and is looking for donations. Anyone who has gently used toys, tools, furniture, applications and crafts can call 1-740-479-8215 to schedule a pick up. They will not accept TVs, tires, batteries or paint. All proceeds go to back into the community and Lions charities.
— The deadline for the Winter Crisis program is May 1. The Ironton and Lawrence County Area CAO began the program on Nov. 1, 2019. The agency can assist with a main heating source cost through a one-time payment to a utility company, wood, coal, or some type of bottled gas. In order to process your application quickly and efficiently, please be prepared to provide all needed documents. Keep in mind that other requirements may be asked for. This cuts down on the time spent in the interview process and return visits. The necessary documents are as follows:
• A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days or 12 months for each member
• Proof of citizenship for all household members, example: birth certificate, voter registration card, passport, etc.
• Birthdates and Social Security cards for each household member
• Heating bill/bulk fuel account number
• Electric bill with account number
• If you are a disabled client, please provide documentation of disability.
For information, call 740-237-3262 or visit the website at https://app.capappointments.com/
— Symmes Township’s 2019 financial report is complete and is available for viewing by contacting the fiscal officer.
— Washington Township’s 2019 financial report is complete and is available for viewing by contacting fiscal officer, Katie Lewis.
— The Windsor Township Trustees will meet at 7 a.m. on the second Saturday of the month at the Windsor Township Hall.
— The Aid Township Trustees will hold their regular monthly meetings at 8 a.m. on the third Saturday of each month at the Aid Volunteer Fire Department.
— Upper Township 2019 annual financial report is complete and available for viewing at the township office by contacting Tyler Walters, fiscal officer at 740-532-8551.
— Upper Township Trustees regularly scheduled meetings for 6 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
at the township firehouse.
— Windsor Township Trustees’ 2019 annual financial report is complete and available for viewing at the home of the fiscal officer.
— Lawrence County Developmental Disabilities holds its monthly board meetings at 6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month at the board office, 604 Carlton Davidson Lane, Coal Grove.
— The South Point Village Council will hold its meetings at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the Village Hall, 415 Solida Rd., South Point.
— The Lawrence Township Trustees’ 2019 annual financial report is complete and available for review at the office of the fiscal officer.
– Lawrence Township Trustees will meet on the second Monday of the month at 4:15 p.m. at the Kitts Hill Fire Department.
— The Village of South Point’s 2019 annual financial report is complete and available at the office of the fiscal officer, located at 415 Solida Rd, South Point.
— Mason Township Trustees will meet on the second Saturday of the month at 7 a.m. at the Wilgus Grange Hall.
— Mason Township Trustees’ 2019 annual financial report is complete and available for viewing at the home of the fiscal officer.
— The Village of Hanging Rock’s 2019 annual financial report is complete and available for viewing at the clerk’s office, 400 Main St., Hanging Rock, during regular business hours.
— The financial statements of the Chesapeake Union Exempted Village School District for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019 are now available for review.
— Coal Grove Village Council meetings will be at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of the month at the town hall.