• 45°

Suspect in custody after four shot at Ironton bar

Wagner: Suspect had provided brother’s name to officers

UPDATE: Ironton police said on Sunday that a suspect arrested in connection with a shooting that wounded four people on Saturday provided them with the wrong name when asked for identification.

Tayvon M. Gaulds, 26, of Huntington, was arrested and charged with three counts of felonious assault, and tampering with evidence, with further charges pending.

On Saturday, police had identified him with the name of his brother, whose information they said Gaulds had provided to them.

“After names were released in connection to shooting at the bar on Third Street, officers received an anonymous call, while waiting on print checks from the FBI database, that the suspect had used his brother’s information,” Ironton police chief Pam Wagner said in a news release. “After some time, that information was confirmed. Additional charges are pending, as well as an active warrant from the U.S. Marshal service.  Further info will be released as it becomes available.”

Gaulds’ brother, Tajh Shamar Gauld, has not been arrested or charged in this case.

Police ask those with evidence in case to call

A man was arrested and charged and an investigation is underway after four people were shot at an Ironton bar early Saturday.

According to detective Jamie Pruitt of Ironton police, four people suffered gunshot wounds at “The Bar on Third,” located at 1305 S. 3rd St.

Injured were DeWayne S. Ford Jr., 22, of South Point, Justin Hayes, 35, Davon J. Leonard, 22, of South Point, and Trevon Frazer, 32, of Ironton.

Police said the injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

Police arrested Tajh Shamar Gauld, 30, of Huntington. He is charged with three counts of felonious assault, and tampering with evidence, with further charges pending.

Pruitt said the incident took place at about 1 a.m.

“We are seeking any witnesses,” he said.

Ironton Police Chief Pam Wagner said three victims were taken to the hospital and a fourth showed up at the hospital today.

She said the shooting took place on the bar’s parking lot.

In addition to Ironton police, Wagner said the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office, Coal Grove police, Chesapeake police and South Point police responded to the scene.

Evidence was collected at the scene and processed.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with evidence is asked to call the Ironton Police Department at 740-532-5606.