ODOT announces weekly construction update for Lawrence County
The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Lawrence County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.
• U.S. 52/Walmart Way Intersection Improvement – U.S. 52 are reduced to two, 12-foot lanes in each direction starting Tuesday, June 16. Additionally, the median crossover will be closed for 30 days as part of this work. Traffic on U.S. 52 Westbound is encouraged to detour via Sandusky Road, but may also use County Road 120 south. The intersection of U.S. 52 eastbound and Walmart Way will function as a right-in/right-out intersection during this time. Estimated completion: Summer.
• U.S. 52 rockslide remediation – U.S. 52 Westbound is reduced to one lane between the Ashland, Kentucky Twin Bridges and Lick Creek Road for median barrier wall construction; construction also includes blasting and excavating rock from the hillside at various locations, paving and guardrail installation. Traffic will be maintained in at least one lane each direction throughout construction, with possible full closure of the route for interim, short-term periods during blasting operations. Estimated completion: Summer.
• NEW – State Route 7 tree trimming – State Route 7 will be closed daily between County Road 9 and the Gallia County line from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. starting Friday, June 26. Traffic will be detoured around the closure via State Route 217 and state Route 218. The road will reopen each evening until work is complete. Estimated completion: Thursday, July 2 by 5 p.m.
• State Route 93 bridge replacement – State Route 93 is reduced to one lane just south of the Telegraph Hill Road intersection. Traffic is being maintained using temporary signals. In June, the road will close for 14 days as part of this construction. Estimated completion: Summer.
• State Route 775 bridge replacement – State Route 775 immediately south of the Long Branch Road intersection is reduced to one lane. Traffic will be maintained using temporary signals. Expected completion: Summer.
• State Route 522 resurfacing – State Route 522 between State Route 93 and the Scioto County line will be reduced to one lane daily from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Traffic will be maintained using flaggers. Estimated completion: Summer.