Fathers ordered to pay support
Two people were sentenced last week in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court on charges of criminal nonpayment of child support, county prosecutor J.
Thursday, September 30, 1999
Two people were sentenced last week in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court on charges of criminal nonpayment of child support, county prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr. said.
On July 13, the Lawrence County Grand Jury returned a secret indictment against Irvin Franklin Walker, 41, 468 County Road 12, Proctorville, charging him with criminal nonsupport, Collier said.
Walker pleaded guilty Sept. 22 to two felony counts.
He was sentenced to three years community control sanctions on each count, to be served at the same time, ordered to pay $5,000 immediately toward back child support and ordered to continue regular payments as well as payments on owed amounts, according to court records.
Common pleas court Judge Richard Walton also ordered Walker to obtain a job, to seek drug and alcohol counseling and to pay court costs.
In a December secret indictment, Ricky L. Farrow, 41, of Panellis County, Fla., was charged with criminal nonsupport.
Farrow also pleaded guilty Sept. 22, having already made restitution.
Farrow had paid $13,695, the back child support listed in the indictment, and was sentenced by Judge Walton to three years community control sanctions. He also was ordered to continue regular payments.
Judges heard five pleadings this Wednesday, Collier said, including:
– Buddy Jenkins, 18, 413 Blackburn Ave., Ashland, Ky., who pleaded guilty on a bill of information for failure to comply with an order or signal of a police officer, a fourth-degree felony.
Judge Walton ordered Jenkins to serve three years community control sanctions and 90 days in the county jail. He received credit for 12 days served.
– Bernie Crump, 39, last known address 741 Webster St., South Webtser, who pleaded guilty to complicity to aggravated trafficking in drugs, third-degree felony. He will be sentenced Oct. 20.
– James E. Lambert, 38, 217 Township Road 1019, South Point, who pleaded guilty to trafficking in drugs, a fourth-degree felony.
Judge Frank McCown sentenced Lambert to three years community control sanctions under intensive supervised probation, to pay a $2,500 fine and costs. He received credit for time served.
– Ronnie Cremeans Jr., 27, 217 Ben St., Chesapeake, who pleaded guilty to theft, a fifth-degree felony. He will be sentenced Oct. 20.
– Toby L. Nelson, 23, 2509 S. Fourth St., Ironton, who pleaded guilty to robbery, a second-degree felony. He will be sentenced Oct. 20.