Grand Jury: 15 true bills
The Lawrence County Grand Jury met Monday and Tuesday, returning 15 indictments.
Thursday, June 14, 2001
The Lawrence County Grand Jury met Monday and Tuesday, returning 15 indictments. Included in true bills filed in court Wednesday morning were four secret indictments charging several persons with criminal non-support, said county prosecutor J.B. Collier Jr.
Grand jurors can order the court to keep names and specifics of cases secret to prevent suspects from fleeing before arrests or warrants are served. The four cases are a joint effort of the Lawrence County Child Support Enforcement Agency and the prosecutor’s office, Collier said.
Other indictments include:
– Shelly Hatfield, 26, of 322 Vine St., Ironton: on one count felonious assault; one count aggravated robbery, first-degree felony.
– Eric Deer, 27, of 259 County Road 180, Ironton: on one count felonious assault.
– Phillip Martin, 36, of 95 Private Drive 523, Ironton: on one count felony driving under the influence; one count misdemeanor driving under suspension.
– Timothy Harper, 22, of P.O. Box 493, Lovely, Ky.: on two counts DUI; one count receiving stolen property; one count of misdemeanor falsification; one count misdemeanor failure to comply.
– Darryl E. Wilson, 31, of 635 S. Sixth St., Ironton: on one count felonious assault; one count disrupting public services; one misdemeanor count domestic violence; misdemeanor criminal damaging.
– David B. Riddle, 22, of 191 Township Road 1161, Proctorville: one count attempt to commit burglary, third-degree felony.
– Jackie Jackson, 22, of 248 Township Road 1163, Proctorville: two counts felonious assault.
– Jerry D. McDonald, 30, of 19 Township Road 1391, Proctorville: one count felonious assault; one count having weapons while under disability.
– Ernest H. McKnight, 42, of 2617 S. Fourth St., Ironton: one count DUI, fourth-degree felony; and once count DUS, misdemeanor.
– Kenny A. Barker, 21, of South Point: one count attempted burglary, third-degree felony; one count of theft, fifth-degree felony.
– Carl E. Lunsford, 205 Second St. East, South Point: one count theft by deception, fifth-degree felony.