Ironmaster Days begins Thursday
Two more days.
Tuesday, June 19, 2001
Two more days. That’s all the time left before Ironmaster Days makes its reappearance in downtown Ironton.
Events begin Thursday and will continue through Saturday, featuring carnival rides, games, arts and crafts and lots of fun for the entire family, said Ironton Business Association officials.
A special feature this year will be Amish craftsmen and bakers. Festival organizers will bring the craftsmen to the festival each day, as well as loads of Amish baked goods.
Also, festival-goers can catch displays of local history while munching on hot baked goods or vendor foods.
One exhibit, of antique engines, features many machines of bygone days that local collectors have found and restored.
The "Miss Ironmaster" queen pageant will be held Thursday, 7 p.m., at the Ironton City Center. The "Little Miss/Mr. Ironmaster" pageant will be Saturday morning, 10 a.m., at the Ironton City Center.
Entertainment this year will be a mix of music, including:
– On Thursday, the main stage features local musical talent 5-7 p.m.; Riverside 7-9 p.m.; and Blue Max (Swing/Big Band era type music) 9-11 p.m. Hank Haller (German Bavarian music) will be performing on the tent stage, 6-10 p.m.
– On Friday, the main stage will feature Legends 7-9 p.m.; and Ricky Lynn Gregg, 9-11 p.m. Again, Hank Haller will take the tent stage 6-10 p.m.
– On Saturday, more local entertainment will perform 5-7 p.m.; followed by Rail City (70 & 80’s, modern country) 7-9 p.m.; and The Byrds 9 -11 p.m. Local talent will also be on the tent stage 6-10 p.m.
Other attractions to this year’s Ironmaster Days includes:
– Fox Family Characters: Digimon and Donkey Kong; Antique Engines & Tractor Parade; Carnival Rides; Sidewalk Sales; Antique Car Display; Motorcycle Show; Buggy Aides; Arts & Crafts; Art Show; Hat Parade; Smoke Firehouse (for children); Ironton Police Drug Dog; Crime Mobile Unit; Children’s games; and Mammogram Mobile Unit.
– Food Vendors: Corn Dogs, Candy apples, Bahaman Mama’s, Polish sausage, Pizza, Funnel cakes, Lemonade shakes, Hot dogs, Jalapeno poppers, cheese sticks, crispy potatoes, barbecue sandwiches, snow cones, Hawaiian ice.
The event in 1999 brought thousands of people to Ironton’s downtown streets, and organizers are expecting a good turnout this year.