• 28°

Cause of fire believed to be electrical

An early morning blaze yesterday left three people without a home.

Wednesday, February 06, 2002

An early morning blaze yesterday left three people without a home.

Upper Township Volunteer Fire Department Chief Paul Krum said when firefighters arrived on the scene, the home was fully involved. The owner of the property is Shiela Garner.

The home was located at 4718 State Route 141, near Rock Hill Elementary No. 2. Firefighters from Upper Township, as well as Lawrence Township, responded to the blaze.

Krum said the weather hindered firemen in fighting the fire. Because of the cold temperatures, Krum explained, lines and water pumps froze, slowing down the firemen.

There were no injuries reported, but Krum said there were three people in the house when the fire started. Krum said the fire started sometime around 5 a.m.

The State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating the fire. The fire is believed to have started in the attic and is believed to be an electrical fire.

The home is believed to be a total loss. A van that was located on the property was also lost in the blaze.