Chesapeake house damaged Monday by electrical fire
CHESAPEAKE - Faulty electrical wiring is likely to blame for a fire at a Chesapeake home Monday evening.
Chesapeake-Union Assistant Fire Chief Ed Webb said the fire at a house in the 400 block of Riverside Drive was contained to the kitchen.
"It burned through the kitchen ceiling and damaged part of the attic, but we were fortunate to have gotten it knocked down really quickly," Webb said. "The fire did considerable damage to the kitchen and the rest of the house sustained some water damage."
The names of the occupants were not immediately available. Some family members were at home at the time the fire broke out but did escape safely, Webb said.
"They said they were in the living room watching TV when they heard a pop and she went into the kitchen and there were flames," Webb said.
Members of the Burlington-Fayette Volunteer Fire Department provided mutual aid in battling the blaze. Southeast Ohio Emergency Medical Services also provided assistance.
Like a moralizing sea captain with a less than stellar crew, Gov. Bob Taft has rarely seen his own standards... read more