Fire damages Grandview Inn

Published 12:00 am Saturday, April 19, 2008

SOUTH POINT — Investigators from the state fire marshal’s office continue their probe into the early Saturday morning fire at the Grandview Inn.

The blaze broke out in a guest room on the second floor of the inn and guests in an adjoining room alerted by the alarm from a smoke detector reported it to management, according to Shane Cartmill, public information officer with the fire marshal’s office.

A call went out at 4:10 a.m. Saturday and Perry Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted by other departments responded.

Email newsletter signup

There was smoke and water damage to at least 50 rooms and one adult male guest was transported to King’s Daughters’ Medical Center suffering from smoke inhalation. He was treated and released.

By 1 p.m. Saturday fire marshal officials had wrapped up their investigation but will follow through with interviews with witnesses and first responders for the next several days. There is no determination as yet as to the cause of the fire.

The 135-room inn remains open.