EndZone gears up for summer celebration

Published 10:43 am Wednesday, June 16, 2010

If it’s live music and a double-elimination Cornhole tournament, it must be ZoneFest.

This year marks the seventh annual ZoneFest at the EndZone in Ironton, which is Friday and Saturday.

“I try to add new things each year, but the standard blueprint is still the same,” said EndZone owner, Rob Brumfield.

Email newsletter signup

Brumfield also said he has had people calling since January to ask him when ZoneFest was going to be.

“People really look forward to it,” he said.

The first ZoneFest was in 2003. Brumfield said he started it to get people out and having fun during the summer.

There will be live music as always, featuring bands from the Tri-State. The lineup for Friday is: The Poaceous Band at 6:30 p.m., The Whipps at 8 p.m., and the Men From Tweed at 10 p.m.

The lineup for Saturday is: Unload at 7 p.m., Tantrum at 8 p.m., and Split Nixon at 11 p.m. The 9:30 band is to be announced.

This is the third year for the double-elimination Cornhole tournament. Teams must sign up before the gates close on Friday to be entered. The entry fee is $12 per team. The winning team will be receive 70 percent of the entry fees collected, with the second and third place teams splitting the remaining 30 percent.

There will also be local vendors including Josh Cult from Tri-State Body Art and Piercing. He will be doing henna tattoos.

On Saturday there will be a live broadcast by 92.7 The Planet at 6 p.m.

Each day the gates will open at 5 p.m. and the festivities will last until 1 a.m.

Tickets are available at the EndZone. Advance tickets are $4 per day, but will be $6 per day at the gate.

“It’s a good time,” said Brumfield. “People love it.”

For more information about ZoneFest or the EndZone, call 533-1111.

The Endzone is located at 211 Adams Street.