Ironton City Council to meet Thursday
Published 10:43 am Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Several items on agenda
The following items are on the agenda for the regular Ironton City Council meeting Thursday:
• The first reading of an ordinance authorizing and directing the mayor to enter into an agreement with Superior Environmental Corp. to provide the city with Phase II environmental services for the Ironton Riverfront Development and Trails Project. The services would be paid for by a Clean Ohio grant, which the city has already been awarded.
• The first reading of an ordinance amending the annual operating budget for the city for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31.
Email newsletter signup
• The first reading of ordinance authorizing the mayor to be the primary contact and authorized agent to provide information to FEMA for the Nixon Hill slip and to then declare an emergency
• A resolution adopting the alternative tax budget for the City of Ironton for the fiscal year beginning Jan. 1, 2012 and submitting the same to the county auditor
• A resolution to approve then-and-now certificates in excess of $3,000 for the month of August 2011
The Ironton City Council will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday on the third floor of the city building.