Landslide work on commission agenda
Change orders totaling $4,387.53 on three landslide repairs were among the items on the Lawrence County Commission’s agenda at its Thursday meeting.
The commission approved:
• A change order on landslide on County Road 6 for an increase of $6860.03;
• A change order on landslide on County Road 2 Site 36 for a decrease of $691.50;
• A change order on landslide on County Road 2 Site 37 and Site 38 for a decrease of $1781;
• A right of way permit for Ed Hagley to install pipe and catch basins for a driveway;
• The resignation of Rebecca Dunn from Lawrence County EMS;
• The promotion of Charles Daniel Herrell from part-time to full-time paramedic;
• The retirement of Angela Marcum from the county Department of Job and Family Services;
• The county dog warden’s report where 10 dogs were adopted or went to rescue, none were destroyed and one was redeemed by its own.
SOUTH POINT — Lawrence County will soon have a free service to help connect people with resources to meet... read more