Drug charges among grand jury indictments
A Portsmouth man was indicted by a Lawrence County grand jury this week for allegedly selling more than 200 prescription pills.
Jason S. Burton, 31, of 2213 Sixth St., was indicted on one third-degree and two first-degree counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs (oxycodone). The first-degree charges state Burton allegedly sold the pills in the vicinity of a minor.
Other indictments filed this week by the office of Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson are:
• James M. Barker, 33, 8350 Grahn Road, Olive Hill, Ky., illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, tampering with evidence, possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Christina Willis, 35, of 2003 State Route 243, Ironton, possession of drugs (Alpha-PVP), possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Lori Zundell, 50, of 83 Township Road 1212, Proctorville, possession of drugs (heroin), and selling, purchasing, distributing or delivering dangerous drugs (Neurontin and cyclobenzaprine);
• Amanda Clark, 34, 516 N. Fifth St., Ironton, possession of drugs (oxycodone);
• Charles W. Cooley, 36, of 87 Natalie Court, Clay City, Ky., tampering with evidence, possession of drugs (Suboxone), possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Donald P. Dickess, 50, of improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
• Herman R. Dement, 35, 3012 County Road 107, Chesapeake, domestic violence;
• Jason E. Brammer, 31, 8029 County Road 107 Lot 146, Proctorville, three counts of breaking and entering;
• Mary Alice Nagle, 28, 1062 Turkey Foot Road, Wheelersburg, three counts of theft from Walmart;
• Larry Craft Jr., 28, of 1655 Grant St., Portsmouth, three counts of complicity to theft;
• Steven Davis, 37, homeless, breaking and entering and possession of criminal tools;
• Zachary A. Fox, 18, of 2718 S. 11th St., Ironton, failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, receiving stolen property and falsification;
• Johnny D. Lewis, 31, of 103 Stanley St., Proctorville, three counts of grand theft of a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property, failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, two counts of harassment by an inmate, intimidation;
• Shelly L. Miller, 26, of 718 Mulberry St., Ironton, harassment by an inmate;
• Emilee A. Jenkins, 24, of 62 Township Road 1369, Proctorville, aggravated vehicular assault.