Ironton In Bloom Fall Deco-Pot Contest begins on Sept. 26
The second annual Ironton In Bloom Fall Deco-Pot Contest begins Sept. 26 for any person, business, school, church or other group interested in planting and decorating one of Ironton In Bloom’s large flowerpots.
Pots decorated with fall flowers, gourds, pumpkins, straw, corn stalks and foliage will be eligible to win prizes. A photo of the winning pot will be published in the newspaper.
Participants are responsible for maintaining the pot through the contest’s duration, which is Sept. 26 through Nov. 21. Pots are available on a first-come basis. Ironton In Bloom prefers the pots on Park Avenue be decorated first. Businesses are encouraged to sponsor the container in front of their store.
• Entry donation of $25 (completed entry form must accompany payment);
• Fall flowers, pumpkins, gourds, straw, corn stalks and foliage only. No Halloween Decorations;
• Decorating can start Sept. 26. Pots must be decorated by Oct. 10 for judging;
• Pots will be judges the week of Oct. 13-17. Winners will be notified by phone. Ribbons will be placed on winning pots Oct. 21;
• Items must be removed by Nov. 21;
• Prizes awarded of: first place, $100; second place, $50; and third place $25 (pending number of entries.
Fill out the entry form found in this and future editions of The Tribune and mail with $25 donation to Ironton In Bloom, P.O. Box 4599, Ironton OH 45638. Entry donations should be made out to Ironton In Bloom.
ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky State Police in Ashland say an 11-year-old girl has been charged after a threat of... read more