Building inspection refunds get OK
Commission limits window to 60 days
There will now be a limit on the number of days the county will refund its fee to those who go to the state for building inspections instead of the county.
Lawrence County has a program where it provides building inspection services. Oftentimes, however, residents are unaware of this and turn to the state. That can mean they end up paying for two inspections. In past times the county has reimbursed the builder for the fee paid to the county.
At its regular Thursday meeting, however, the Lawrence County Commission voted to limit that refund to up to 60 days from the time of the inspection.
At the meeting the commission reimbursed McKinley Chapel Church in amount of $598.03 for the county inspection fee as it had also been inspected by the state.
In other action the county:
• Approved the termination of Mary Linn at the department of job and family services;
• Accepted the resignation of Terri Robinson at the DJFS;
• Approved the retirement of Emily Littlejohn at the DJFS;
• Approved the retirement of Terry Porter at the DJFS following a public hearing before the commission meeting on rehiring Porter at the DJFS;
• Approved the retirement of Virginia Pendleton at the DJFS
• Accepted the resignation of Kameron Carter as part-time EMT;
• Removed Carol Bowens from the EMS employee list following her employment with the sheriff’s office.