Third defendant in theft case admits her guilt
Published 12:49 pm Friday, June 19, 2015
A Chesapeake woman admitted to her part in stealing from the Proctorville Fire Department, as well as from other businesses in the eastern end of the county.
Tommi Perry, 33, of 424 County Road 3, pleaded guilty to four counts of fifth-degree complicity to breaking and entering, fifth-degree counts of theft and receiving stolen property and a fourth-degree count of complicity to theft.
According to the woman’s indictment, filed in February, Perry stole tools and a generator from the fire department. She also helped Bryan K. Shaffer steal tools and money from Rome Brake and Tire and helped him break into C&R Hair and Nail Salon, Ironton Valley Landfill and Carey Chiropractic.
Judge Charles Cooper sentenced the woman to four years and 11 months in prison. She must also help pay $2,490 in restitution with her codefendants, Shaffer and Tabitha Horsley.
Horsley, of Ashland pleaded guilty in April to fifth-degree counts of theft and receiving stolen property in connection to the Proctorville Fire Department and was sentenced to four years community control sanctions and ordered to pay restitution. Shaffer, of Chesapeake, pleaded guilty in April to seven fifth-degree counts of breaking and entering, one fourth-degree count of theft and two third-degree counts of tampering with evidence. He was sentenced to five years in prison and ordered to pay more than $5,000 in restitution.
In other cases:
• James Wolford, 36, of 1579 State Route 140, Oak Hill, who was previously arraigned on two third-degree counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, made a court appearance after being arrested for failure to appear at a pretrial hearing last week.
Cooper increased the man’s bond to $75,000 cash or surety.
• Cameron Brewer, 32, of 45 Private Drive 129, Chesapeake, pleaded guilty to a second-degree count of burglary. Cooper sentenced the man to three years in prison and ordered him to pay $170 in restitution.
• Brad Cain, 40, of 81 Township Road 1043 Apt. 13, Chesapeake, was sentenced to 18 months in prison for a fourth-degree count of burglary, which was reduced from a third-degree felony. Cain requested an appeal.
• Ellen Yoder, 27, of 153 Private Drive 4374 State Route 217, Willow Wood, admitted CCS violations and was sentenced to 376 days in prison with credit for time served.
• Autumn Edwards, 29, of 31 Township Road 287, Chesapeake, was sentenced to four years CCS/ISP and STAR for a third-degree count of burglary, to which she previously pleaded guilty.
• Stephanie Harrison, 48, of 1452 McCormick Road, Gallipolis, pleaded guilty to a fifth-degree count of complicity to theft from an elderly person. Cooper sentenced her to six months in prison.