New year’s fitness tips
One of the most popular New Year’s resolutions people have from year to year is to lose weight or exercise. Many people attempt to accomplish this goal by joining a gym or fitness center.
Thankfully, there are several reputable gyms in Ironton and Lawrence County. Even still, it is always a good idea to know what to look for when considering a new place to work out, especially if signing a contact is involved.
According to Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, before signing a contact, consumers should always:
• Search for complaints on file with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office or Better Business Bureau, and check online reviews for feedback from current or past customers;
• Read the contract carefully and make sure verbal agreements are included in writing;
• Determine the total cost, including any extra fees for fitness classes or personal training;
• Find out if payments will be withdrawn automatically;
• Understand the cancellation policy and whether the contract will renew automatically;
• Check the length of the contract. It should not exceed three years.
Those who want to learn more about their rights or those who need help solving a consumer problem should contact the Ohio AG’s office at www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov or 800-282-0515.