More than 100 displaced after Huntington apartment fire
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — Fire officials have confirmed that smoke detectors inside a Huntington apartment complex didn’t go off when the building caught fire, causing more than 100 residents to be displaced.
News outlets reported that firefighters found two separate fires when they arrived early Sunday morning to The Flats on 4th, near Marshall University.
Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames, but Huntington Fire Chief Carl Eastham said it took a while to displace the smoke and account for all of the residents. No one was hurt in the incident.
Huntington Deputy Fire Chief Jan Rader said he isn’t sure why the building’s fire alarms didn’t go off.
Ashland, Ky. — King’s Daughters has announced it is building an Oncology Center of Excellence on the fifth floor of... read more