New features for fans at GABP this year
Published 2:11 am Monday, April 4, 2016
CINCINNTATI — The Cincinnati Reds have added more features and entertainment for fans of all ages.
Here is a list of the new ballpark features:
Fan Zone Carnival Games – Step right up and test your skills at the new Fan Zone Carnival Games located throughout the Kroger Fan Zone. Games for kids include: Rosie’s Ring Toss, Gapper’s Hit-the-Mitt, Mr. Redlegs’ Strike Zone and Mr. Red’s Bottle Break-Up; Kids games are $2 per play to win Reds-themed prizes.
Email newsletter signup
Fans of all ages can test their basketball shooting skills at the Great American Ball Park Free Throw Challenge, for $5 per play with 4 out of 5 baskets winning a custom Reds basketball or other great prizes.
• All-You-Can-Eat Stand – Fans with tickets in any section of Great American Ball Park can now purchase a pass to the new All-You-Can-Eat concession stand, presented by Meijer. Enjoy unlimited hot dogs, sodas, popcorn, peanuts and chips for the low price of $20 per person at this new stand located on the View Level down the first-base line behind section 530. The All-You-Can-Eat pass can be purchased in advance or at the game and can be added to any game ticket. Limited supply so it is recommended to purchase in advance. Full details are available at reds.com/AYCE.
• Fioptics District – This new entertainment destination located in the left field corner of the View Level includes:
• Fioptics GigaBar: Spacious walk-in bar (open to all fans) featuring domestic, imported and craft beers plus wine and mixed drinks.
• Fioptics District Ticket: $15 ticket (includes first drink) gives fans general admission access into sections 408-410, with both traditional ballpark seats as well as standing drink rails. For tickets, visit reds.com/District.
• Fioptics District Rooftop: For the exclusive use of the Fioptics District Ticket holders, this rooftop patio located on top of the GigaBar features lounge furniture, a 15-foot video board and panoramic views of downtown.
• Cincinnati Bell Connections SkyBar: Private hospitality area exclusively for Cincinnati Bell Business customers.
• Arcade Games in The Machine Room Grille – Over a dozen of the best video and redemption arcade games from Scene75 Entertainment Center have been added to The Machine Room Grille located in the left field corner.
Fans can load a game card to win e-tickets that can be redeemed for prizes at the redemption counter.
Upgrades Around The Ballpark
• Reds Connect Zone – Additional charging stations and power outlets have been added to the Reds Connect Zone presented by Miami University for fans to recharge their mobile devices for free during the game.
• Triple Play Suites – The Staples Triple Play Suites located down the left field line underwent a makeover during the offseason and now features sliding glass doors and updated amenities along with outdoor patio furniture and ballpark seating. Groups of 25-99 can book one, two or three of the suites at reds.com/tickets.
Kids Opening Day – Sunday, April 10 (Reds vs. Pirates, 1:10 p.m.)
• The first Family Sunday of the season will replicate the excitement of Opening Day “kids style” with special activities planned for kids and families.
• Kids Opening Day Baseball Cap giveaway to all fans 14 and younger, presented by Frisch’s Big Boy.
• Come early for a fun-filled Kids Opening Day Block Party at The Banks starting at 10:30 a.m. on Joe Nuxhall Way:
• Mascots from local sports teams, colleges, universities and businesses
• “Red carpet parade” featuring mascots starting at 12:10 p.m. in The Banks
• Photos with Cleatus, the FOX Sports robot
• Circus performers and face painters
• Strongman Sean McCarthy lifting a car
• Campbell County High School marching band
• Reds Baseball Camps offering free instructional tips
• Cincinnati Public Library’s “Pop Up Library” to check out books on-site
• Miniature horses courtesy of Seven Oaks Farm
• Hair braiding courtesy of Blown Blow Dry Studio (in Kroger Fan Zone)
• Performances by the Zooperstars (as seen on America’s Got Talent)
• Samples from Werther’s Original Soft Caramels
– Special prizes from Angry Birds
• Displays and activities from the Cincinnati Museum Center, Cincinnati Zoo, Newport Aquarium, Buddy Rodgers Music, Kentucky Speedway, Cincinnati Fire Dept., Cincinnati Police Dept. and more.
• For discount tickets and additional details visit Reds.com/KidsOpeningDay.