Grand jury indicts on sex, drug crimes
Published 10:13 am Thursday, May 26, 2016
A Lawrence County grand jury met this week, indicting more than two dozen people on drug-related crimes, sex crimes and other offenses.
The following information was provided by the office of Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson:
• Darrell L Frisby, 46, of 1580 State Route 140, Oak Hill, alleged first-degree rape of a 9-year-old;
• Gregory Hammond, 37, of 509 Johnson Heights, Huntington, alleged first-degree rape of an 8-year-old;
• Jon A. Blatt, 21, of 295 Township Road 1167, Proctorville, third-degree gross sexual imposition where the alleged victim is 7-years-old;
• Joseph Cunningham, 37, of 945 Ninth St. W., Huntington, possession of heroin and misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Jeffrey L. Thompson, 56, of 1634 Doulton Ave., Huntington, possession of cocaine;
• Richard J. Farris, 32, of 8312 County Road 1, South Point, possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia;
• Devon Harmon, 37, of 627 S. Seventh St., Ironton, possession cocaine;
• Krystena D. Burson, 28, of 34 Township Road 1485 Apt. 1, South Point, two counts of complicity to trafficking in cocaine;
• Kenneth H. France, 24, of 19 Williamsburg Drive, Barboursville, West Virginia, four counts of trafficking in cocaine;
• Garland Keith Sharp, 26, listed as homeless, possession of drugs, misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments and misdemeanor resisting arrest;
• Lowell Ratliff, 722 Vernon St., Ironton, receiving stolen property and possession of heroin;
• David L. Bocook, 46, of 212 Hamilton St., Coal Grove, possession of heroin;
• Ryan C. Gilmer, 33, of 2095 Clendennin Road, Narrows, Virginia, tampering with evidence, possession of heroin, two counts of possession of drugs and misdemeanor possession of marijuana;
• Marcus D. Birchfield, 38, of 514 N. Sixth St., Ironton, possession of heroin, possession of criminal tools, misdemeanor possession of drugs and misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Michael S. Waggoner, 27, of 207 Nedra Drive, Barboursville, possession of heroin, misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia;
• Stephen R. Jenkins, 59, of 5207 County Road 19, Kitts Hill, aggravated vehicular assault;
• Timothy A. Keating, 34, of 121 Zoar Hill Road, Coal Grove, misuse of credit cards;
• Nicholas T. White, 22, of 2967 Fifth Ave., Huntington, breaking and entering;
• Aaron Jones, 32, of 1200 28th St. Apt. 4, Huntington, theft and receiving stolen property;
• James Baker, 49, of 53 Private Drive 125, Chesapeake, intimidation, assault on a peace officer, vandalism, harassment by an inmate and misdemeanor counts of attempted escape and resisting arrest;
• Dwayne Gue, 19, of 105 Private Drive 11202, Chesapeake, failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer and obstructing official business.
There were also nine secret indictments.
An indictment is a formal allegation that an individual has committed a crime. The accused are innocent until proven guilty.