Man is sentenced on sex crime
A Proctorville man who admitted to a sex crime against a child was sentenced Wednesday in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.
Jon Blatt, 21, of 295 Township Road 1167, Proctorville, was sentenced to 54 months in prison for a third-degree count of gross sexual imposition of a 7-year-old. He pleaded guilty to the charge on July 27.
Judge Charles Cooper also ordered that Blatt must register as a Tier II sex offender for 25 years.
In other cases:
• Lexy Jade Burns, 25, of London, Ohio, pleaded guilty to first-degree count of trafficking in drugs. Cooper sentenced the woman to five years in prison, a $10,000 fine and a two-year driver’s license suspension.
• Cari Collins, 38, of 2088 Township Road 218, Ironton, was sentenced to five years in prison for a second-degree count of trafficking in drugs. Collins was also ordered to forfeit $4,420 in cash. Her driver’s license was also suspended for one year.
• John Knotts, 31, of 214 Brubaker Drive, South Point, was arraigned on a fifth-degree count of theft and a community control sanctions violation. Knotts pleaded guilty to the theft charge and admitted the CCS violation.
Cooper sentenced the man to a total of 30 months in prison.
• Nicholas Christian, 28, of 72 Private Drive 437, Ironton, pleaded guilty to third-degree having weapons under a disability, fourth-degree receiving stolen property and misdemeanor resisting arrest and possession of drugs. Cooper sentenced the man to 12 months in prison.
• Ashley Baldwin, 26, of 15 Carver Road, Franklin Furnace, was arraigned on a fourth-degree count of theft of drugs, to which she pleaded not guilty. Cooper set bond at $20,000 own-recognizance and set a pretrial for Aug. 24.
• Krystena Burson, 28, of 34 Township Road 1485, South Point, was sentenced to four years CCS under intensive supervised probation and a six-month driver’s license suspension. She previously pleaded guilty to two fourth-degree counts of complicity to trafficking in cocaine.
• John Ferrell, 45, of 914 N. Fifth St., Ironton, and Amanda Ferrell, 34, of 513 Railroad St., Ironton, were each arraigned on identical counts of fifth-degree of possession of cocaine and possession of drugs. A specification was also included on each indictment that alleged the two were in possession of $5,645 in cash at the time of their arrest.
Cooper continued bond from a lower court and set pretrials for Aug. 24.