Grand jury returns indictments
Charges include possession of drugs, assault on officer
A Lawrence County grand jury met this week and returned indictments for charges ranging from possession of drugs to assault on a police officer.
The following was provided by the office of Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson:
• Crystal Settles, 35, of 4632 Jared Court, Catlettsburg, Kentucky, fourth-degree failure to appear;
• Roland J. Samons III, 52, of 204 Alma Ave., South Point, fifth-degree Workers’ Compensation fraud;
• Andrew L. Thompson, 33, of 187 Township Road 1301, Chesapeake, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor DUI;
• Crystal D. Grenier, 32, of 622 County Road 56, South Point, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance;
• Trent Smoot, 38, of 2716 County Road 15, South Point, third-degree DUI, misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor driving under suspension;
• Jackie Jackson, 38, of 979 Township Road 153, Waterloo, third-degree complicity to escape and fifth-degree obstructing justice;
• Jeffrey A. Moore II, 32, of 45 Township Road 1210, Proctorville, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Thomas Cox, 35, of 30 Township Road 310, Ironton, fifth-degree possession of drugs;
• Ronald Weaver, 41, of 3244 Frederick Road, Wheelersburg, fifth-degree possession of drugs;
• William A. Holley III, 23, of 14611 State Route 7, Proctorville, fourth-degree receiving stolen property, two third-degree counts of harassment by an inmate and two fourth-degree counts of assault on a peace office;
• John Keeney, 42, of 47 Township Road 1152, Proctorville, four third-degree counts of abduction and a misdemeanor count of domestic violence;
• Anna Dillon, 43, of 154 Township Road 1110, Proctoville, two second-degree counts of burglary;
• Ryan K. Edwards, 41, of 91 Township Road 1090, Proctorville, second-degree burglary;
• Lewis R. Lambert, 43, of 236 County Road 3, Proctorville, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments and misdemeanor resisting arrest;
• Rita McFann, 21, of 1317 S. Ninth St., Ironton, fourth-degree theft of a motor vehicle;
• Tammie M. Fitzpatrick, 52, of 56 County Road 57 Apt. 2, South Point, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments;
• Penny R. McClary, 40, of 1392 County Road 1, South Point, fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug abuse instruments and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
There were also two secret indictments returned by the grand jury.
An indictment is a formal allegation that an individual has committed a crime. The accused are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.