Grand jury returns indictments
A Lawrence County grand jury met this week and returned indictments for charges ranging from burglary to possession of drugs.
The following was provided by the office of Lawrence County Prosecuting Attorney Brigham Anderson:
• Anthony S. Workman, 39, of 48 Private Drive 286 Township Road 85 E., Chesapeake, second-degree burglary, fourth-degree theft and fifth-degree breaking and entering;
• Evin B. McConnell, 19, of 416 Walnut St., Ironton, first-degree aggravated robbery and second-degree felonious assault;
• Anita Rossiter, 40, of 1226 County Road 72, Crown City, third-degree failure to comply with order or signal of a police officer;
• Teresa Gaskin, 40, of 1173 County Road 1 Lot 28, South Point, third-degree burglary and fourth-degree theft;
• Virginia White, 41, of 1173 County Road 1 Lot 28, South Point, third-degree burglary and fourth-degree theft;
• Elaina S. Herrell, 40, of 227 Township Road 1194, Chesapeake, fourth-degree theft;
• Ric A. Massie, 46, of 105 Private Drive 567, Proctorville, fourth-degree theft;
• Samantha Garcia, 33, of 11287 County Road 1, Chesapeake, fifth-degree unauthorized use of a motor vehicle;
• David Marshall, 37, of 1495 Damron Branch Road, Grayson, Kentucky, fourth-degree theft from a person in a protected class;
• Stephen B. Siders, 28, of 1173 County Road 1 Lot 24, South Point, third-degree failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, third-degree tampering with evidence, fourth-degree assault on a peace officer, fifth-degree possession of drugs and misdemeanor endangering children;
• Erica D. Anderson, 25, of 1854 Horton Sisters Road, Oak Hill, fifth-degree possession of drugs;
• David P. Cornell, 38, of 3562 County Road 12, Proctorville, two counts of fifth-degree theft by deception;
• Tia Monday, 23, of 2276 Route 75, Kenova, West Virginia, fifth-degree possession of drugs;
• Eric A. Smith, 31, of 5391 Partridge Drive, Cross Lanes, West Virginia, fifth-degree possession of drugs.
An indictment is a formal allegation that an individual has committed a crime. The accused are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.